Become a work placement partner with City of Portsmouth College and offer a student a taste of your industry.
Can you give our students the opportunity to learn and develop in a real-world working environment?
We are looking for local employers to provide work placement opportunities to a number of students across the engineering, construction, IT, automotive, creative, professional services, business and catering sectors.
Work placements give all our students a chance to try out an industry and develop the skills they need for their future career.
You could be the one to help them take their first steps towards full-time employment or an apprenticeship.
What is a work placement?
- 30-hour placement over five days
- 45-day industry placement (1–2 days per week)
- The tasks completed during the placement must link to the student’s learning outcomes
Benefits to you - the employer
- Develop the skills and experience of a Level 1, 2 or 3 student with possible future recruitment in mind
- Use the placement as a trial for taking on an apprentice
- Secure future talent to recruit the best students for your business
- Gain a young fresh perspective on your working practices
- No financial cost
- Free promotion of placement and your business
- Full support with your extended work experience placement is provided.
“The thing I liked best was learning about the variety of roles and different jobs Vodafone have in their workplace. I discovered surprising jobs that not many people know about.”Hallie Scobie
Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (Software Development)
Completed the Vodafone Innovators Virtual Work Experience placement
“There are loads of different types of engineering, so our course can be quite broad. We learn all about marine, mechanical, electrical and aeronautical engineering.”Connie Sheeran
Level 3 Extended Diploma in General Engineering
Completed a 45-day industry placement with infrastructure consultancy firm Mitie
“I gained a lot of experience, not just in welding but in the environment. It gives a good insight into the way the working world works.”Alex Sisman
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
Placement provider: ICEE, Waterlooville