Military links in action
Principal and CEO Katy Quinn has signed a new Armed Forces Covenant – maintaining our strong military links as a forces friendly employer.
She’s seen at our Highbury Campus with Gavin Lumsden, Senior Naval Officer and Director of Education at Essential Teaching UK.
Our links with the armed forces go back many years and we have a very active Combined Cadet Force (CCF) based at our Sixth Form Campus.
The CCF programme is available to all students at City of Portsmouth College, not just our uniformed protective services students, who have the opportunity to join as a free additional element of their course.
Said Katy: “We’re very proud of our city and College’s maritime heritage, which touches so many lives of the people of Portsmouth, and we’re delighted to reinforce our military links with a renewed pledge.”
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation that those who serve or have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
- Victorious hits its highest numbers ever!
- Celebrating Our 2023 HE Graduates!
- Celebrating a return to pre-pandemic results
- English language skills at the heart of a new college course for Ukrainian refugees
- Tragic death of COPC Student Aimen Ahmed
- Three COPC Foundation students reach the finals of WorldSkills UK