Accommodation (host families)
All host families and their homes are carefully checked to ensure you enjoy a friendly and relaxing environment.
International students living with Homestay families frequently enjoy unique and treasured experiences, with many benefits. You will find it's an ideal environment to perfect your English language skills and experience the British way of life.
It's also a great way to create new memories in the city of Portsmouth, making new friends, and having a unique insight into local culture and history.
We are recruiting Homestay host families to provide accommodation for our international students, of whom will be studying here at City of Portsmouth College for up to a term.
You will need to be:
- a homeowner and resident, preferably in the PO3 or PO4 area but other areas with accessible bus routes will be considered
- willing to act in loco parentis for the student for the duration of their stay
- able to offer a good standard of living in a friendly environment
- happy to provide a half board service during the week and full board at weekends
- able to offer wifi access
- willing to provide laundry facilities
- in possession of an annual gas safety certificate
- happy to undergo a DBS check (we will arrange this).
Our dedicated global engagement team will allocate host families to students and be the point of contact to help deal with all student accommodation queries.
If you would like to find out more, including how much a host family can earn as an income over one year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org